I know you really like stuff like this. I do too.
I used to use messages like this to justify myself in the parts of me that I wasn’t mastering.
- Carrying around extra weight
- Not pursuing fulfilling hobbies
- Not learning anything new
- I could only have so much patience when dealing with kids all day every day.
- Lack of organization/cleanliness that I wanted
- Inability to serve others
- My marriage wasn’t happy.
You name it, the kids were to blame.
Everything I did was for my kids and gosh dangit, they were lucky to have me.
Then one day, someone proposed a question to me:
If your kids grow up to be just like you, would you be proud of what you had taught them?
The answer was a resounding, “Hell, no. I’m not happy.”
That day I started to change.
Now, I live my life for the greatest amount of health and happiness that I can find
because that is what I want most for my children.
I suggest you do the same.
You can’t believe how good it feels.
You don’t even have to neglect your children,
or your God.
You will come to see that they all go hand in hand
towards your greatest health and happiness.
A changed mom.