If I only had three years to live, this would be my bucket list:
- Love hard the people who mean the most to me. Don’t leave the world without the assurance that they know what they mean to me.
- Be gentle with my husband and kids. Be a person they will remember as love.
- Live in a way that will give me peace in knowing the kingdom I will earn.
- Pray, read, gain spiritual knowledge and assurance in scripture, church, temple.
- Write the damn book.
- Take the damn honeymoon. (Does using the word damn mean I won’t have assurance in the kingdom I will earn? Dangit!!!)
- Have a last fantastic family vacation.
- See NYC.
- Run a marathon.
- Hike Timp.
- Have a sister weekend.
- Say a final goodbye to the Pacific Ocean.
- See fireflies again with my kids. See Grammy’s house and go to Dollywood.
- Ride through the canyon in Fall on a motorcycle that belongs to LG.
- Write my kids a life love letter.
- Leave LG better off than I found him. Give him permission to love someone else, no matter how hard that is for me.
- Overcome the mattress…make the most of every minute.
Not to self: Nowhere on this list does it say to buy a house. We won’t be able to afford a house if we do everything on this list. hmmm.
I think I should live like I only have three years left. What could it possibly hurt?